Friday, July 6, 2007

Keenan just can't admit that he's no good


In case you haven't heard yet, Mike Keenan thinks he's a hard ass. And perfect. He recently gave an interview to The Hockey News, which is on news stands now, and this is a bit of what he had to say.

"We never made the playoffs and they still haven't because, quite frankly, the team isn't good enough. Does that mean anything? No, it means you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I understood those risks."

"Florida had five GMs and five coaches. You talk about my methodology and my coaching, but whatever it was, those four other guys don't have the methodology then, either. The reality is the team isn't good enough."

Then he takes a real cheap shot.
"You’ve got Stephen Weiss who shouldn’t even be in the league yet and Jay Bouwmeester who still has pimples.”

JayBo is 23. Pimples? Is he serious? That's a great reason to never win a cup. I guess Sydney is out of luck for at least another 4 years.
And Weiss still playing in the AHL? I think he has earned his dues now and deserves his spot on the team

So what do you guys think? I think I might have to change the whack-a-mole game to Whack-a-Keenan.
I haven't seen the full article yet but I will add more when I get it.

No comments: